Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Desert Highway (Road 15) Contract (3)
Project Name : Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Desert Highway (Road 15) Contract (3)
Location : Ma'an - Jordan
Startup date : Sep 2017
Project Number : 125/2016
Owner : Ministry of Public Works & Housing
Contract Value : 100000000
Completion Date : 2020
The Work comprises the Rehabilitation and Improvement of Contract- 3 (Part -E) from Al-Hashmieh (station 152+000) to Ma’an (station 192+000) and (Part-F) from Ma'am (station 192+000) to Murygha (station 217+000) with total two side of 130 Km including full pavement, drainage works, pedestrian steel bridges, road furniture and safety features and all other related works as indicated and / or directed.
1) The Rehabilitation and/ or construction of pavement layers including construction of road aggregate sub-base and base courses, bituminous concrete binder and wearing courses, tack and prime coats, etc. all as shown on the Drawings.
2) All earthworks necessary to the completion of the work, including embankment, roadway excavation including removal and disposal of unsuitable material and dirt within existing median, existing asphalt pavement, speed bumps, ditches, sub-grade preparation, back-filling, filling and compaction, watering, rolling, sheathing, and sub-grade and slope finish. It also include existing curbstone, pavement, concrete ditches at existing U-turn to be closed.
3) Clearing and grubbing of the area over which the new embankment and other works are to be constructed. All potential rock-fall zones shall be adequately cleaned from boulders and all other potential falling objects.
4) The construction of service roads for urban areas and as shown on the drawings.
5) The construction of underpasses as shown on the drawings.
6) Installation and Furnishing Highway signs, Post assemblies and overhead gantry structures, including construction of all necessary concrete and reinforced concrete foundations and including all sign panel lettering , as shown on the drawings.
7) Relocation of existing highway signs, post assemblies, construction of concrete and reinforced concrete foundations. The new signs locations shall be as per Engineer’s instructions and as shown on the drawings.
8) Removal of existing Signs, transport and handing over at the location specified by the Employer all as per Engineer’s instructions and as shown on the drawings.
9) The construction of Pedestrian Bridges / underpasses in the locations Listed in the Drawings and as per Engineer’s instructions All to the approval of the Employer.
10) The Furnishing and application, or installation of the traffic marking and raised pavement markers as per Engineer’s instructions and as shown on the drawings.
11) All miscellaneous related works such as Maintenance of existing Signs including but not limited to Cleaning of sign plates, repainting of sign posts…,etc. and any other work which may be ordered by the Engineer under the provisions of the Contract.
12) The Rehabilitation and/ or construction of all necessary drainage structures including pipe and box culverts, together with inlet and outlet works, lined and unlined ditches, energy dissipaters, storm water drainage facilities, grouted rip-rap and all necessary protection works.